Your home closing doesn’t have to be stressful. Stay 2 steps ahead of the process by using this list and an expert guide.
You may already have gathered all the paperwork you need for the closing day, but there are a few other tasks to handle before you get to the closing table.
Home Closing Checklist
- Clean the entire house, including inside drawers and cabinets.
- Close utility accounts and have them shut off on the day of closing.
- Place all keys (house, mailbox, pool, etc.), garage remotes, alarm and gate codes, etc. in one place. A drawer closest to the refrigerator is a great place.
- Create a packet of appliance manuals, service contracts, warranties, etc. and place them in the same drawer.
- Visit usps.com/manage/forward.htm to direct the post office to forward your mail. Also, leave a large, stamped envelop addressed to your new home. It makes it convenient for your buyers to forward any important mail that ends up at your former home.
- Cancel newspaper subscriptions, if you have any.
- Do a final sweep of every drawer, cabinet, and surface to make sure you haven’t left anything behind.
- Lock up the house, turn off the lights and close the blinds on the way out.
- Make a note to cancel homeowners insurance after the closing is complete. First, verify the title has transferred or the deed recorded.
Home Closings Made Simple
I’ve yet to meet a seller who says, “No thank you, I prefer you to make this as stressful as possible.” You have a career, family, and now a move keeping you pulled in several directions. You need your Home SOLD. We’re the Marketing Professionals that Sell Real Estate. We stress covering the details so you don’t have to.
We’ve designed a process to sell your house quickly, without leaving a penny on the table. We have a simple 3-step process all backed by our performance guarantee. We’ll customize your Success Plan to meet your needs while keeping you two steps ahead of the process. We make Real Estate, SIMPLIFIED.